Christmas Registry for Family Support
The holiday season is approaching! This time of year can be exciting for many, but can also be a source of stress. Families in need of support during the holiday season can sign up for the Christmas Registry organized by Feed Nova Scotia. There are many ways to register for the Christmas Registry, please find them listed below. Please also note the Christmas Registry only has enough resources to fulfill one request for gift support per child and one food request per household.
1. You can register for the Christmas Registry through a local food bank. To find a local food bank, follow this link: https://www.feednovascotia.ca/find-food
2. You can also register through Parker Street Food Bank or the HRM Salvation Army. Salvation Army registration begins on Monday, October 25, and you can register online (https://salvationarmy.ca/maritime/home/christmas/hrm/ ) or by phone 902-422-1598 by December 6th. For Parker Street, you can fill out the Christmas application on their website (https://parkerstreet.org/programs/christmas-hamper/ ) or by visiting in person Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, between 8:30am and 12pm. For more information you can call 902-425-2125 and select option 1. You will need proof of ID for all members of your household. The deadline to apply through Parker Street is November 30.
3. You can register through a community group that you know provides Christmas support. If you’ve been supported by a particular organization before, you can inquire with them about registration.
4. You can register directly through Feed Nova Scotia with the form at the bottom of this page: https://www.feednovascotia.ca/find-food/find-christmas-support
5. You can register by calling the Christmas Registry at 902-457-2849 starting October 7.
6. If you were a recipient of Income Assistance in the month of September, you will receive a Christmas registration form and information sheet in the mail. The form can be mailed in, but you are welcome to register through any of the other ways instead.
For more information about the Christmas Registry, please visit the Feed Nova Scotia website here: https://www.feednovascotia.ca/find-food/find-christmas-support