No Vehicles On School Property:
Vehicles are no longer permitted on school property during the school day (8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday to Friday). The exceptions are: staff vehicles, vehicles displaying official handicap permits, school buses, and service/delivery vehicles. All other vehicles are prohibited, with no exceptions, including on days when it’s raining, snowing, and/or extremely cold. If you wish to drop-off and/or pick-up your children using vehicles then you must make arrangements to do so on neighbouring streets. A reminder that the speed limit in school zones when children are present is only 30 km/hr.
Why are we restricting vehicle traffic on our school grounds this year?
• For the safety of our students, staff, and community.
• To alleviate congestion on our school grounds, especially at busy times of the day (morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up).
• To create more space on our grounds for social distancing.
• To create more space for classes to do outside learning during the day.
• To create more space for outdoor physical education classes.
• To accommodate students who are playing and socializing on our school grounds during numerous recess times and two lunch periods.
• To create enough parking spaces for our staff to park when they come to work.
Knowing these reasons, and that this is to ensure the safety and well-being of our students, your children, we expect ALL parents/guardians to fully cooperate and comply.