Monday January 6th at 9:30 am
Early School Closures
There may be occasions when school must close early during the day while students are in attendance. This is called “early school closure”. This may occur due to severe weather, an extended power outage, loss of heat or water supply to the building, or other unexpected circumstances.
When it is necessary for an early school closure due to severe and worsening weather (such as a snow storm) the decision to close early will be decided by the Halifax Regional Centre for Education and communicated to schools as close to 11:00 am as possible.
If the decision is made to close school early public announcements will be:
• Posted on the HRCE website (www.hrce.ca)
• Posted on the HRCE’s Twitter account (HRCE_Official)
• Recorded on the HRCE’s School Cancellation Information Line (902-464-INFO/4636)
• Shared with subscribers to the HRCE's email and text notification system (sign up at www.hrce.ca)
• Communicated to local media outlets (radio and television)