Late Registration: The school office will be open for late registration on Wednesday, August 28, 9:00-12:00 / 1:00-4:00. Children who live within the Park West School boundaries are eligible to attend this school. If new neighbours with elementary/junior high aged children move into the area over the summer please encourage them to register on this date. Proof of address, a birth certificate, and a Nova Scotia health card number are required to complete registration.
Acceptable documentation for PROOF of ADDRESS includes:
1. ONE document from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), such as Notice of Assessment, Receipt of Child Tax Benefit, or Social Assistance. Documents submitted to CRA will not be accepted, as such documents are not confirmed by the CRA.
2. TWO of the following documents: residential insurance policy (home owner or tenant), water bill, power bill, and property tax assessment. The names and addresses on both documents submitted must be identical.
As address confirmation is the sole intent of this information request, all other non-relevant information can be redacted (such as account numbers, balances, etc.) from the submitted documents.
For the sake of further clarity, the following documents will not be accepted as proof of residency:
• Tenant lease / rental agreement
• Cable, internet, or cellular phone bill
• Business related documentation
• Bank documents
• Vehicle insurance
• Driver’s license
Copies of documentation submitted must be current and authentic, proving residency within the Park West School boundaries for this current school year.
Are You in the Right School?: Only children who reside within the Park West School boundaries with parents or legal guardians are eligible to attend this school. Addresses provided to the school may be investigated if there is suspicion the information is not accurate. If a child registered at and/or attending Park West School is found to be not residing in our area parents/guardians will be directed to register at the appropriate neighbourhood school. This includes students who were living in our area and moved out of bounds during this school year, but remained at Park West to finish the year.